USCCA Gold Membership Cost & Benefits
This article will explain the USCCA Gold Membership costs and will go into considerable detail explaining all the benefits that you will not find elsewhere.
USCCA Gold Membership Cost and Spouse Membership Discount
First let’s talk about what the Gold Membership will cost.
The price of the membership is $29 per month and you can add your spouse for an additional $14 per month.
USCCA Vs Other Self Defense Insurance Providers
USCCA has one important limitation, and that is the Criminal Defense Limit. The current limit is $250,000. This seems like a lot of money, and I would imagine it is ample for a great many criminal defense situations. However, I have done some research and found that it is entirely possible that a Self defense case involving a serious injury or death can easily go much higher than $250,000.
I recommend checking out some other companies that do not have limits on the Criminal Defense cost, such as Firearms Legal Protection. Do your own comparison and decide what you really want from your Self Defense Legal Protection company.
Annual and Spouse Membership Discounts
There are 2 discounts available for this membership. You can save a bundle by paying annually instead of monthly, which will cost $299 per year. This will save you a considerable $49 per year! If you were to add your spouse, the annual cost is $149, which saves you another $19.
USCCA Military Discount
If you happen to be active military or veteran, after you sign up here online you can call customer support and they will give you a 10% military discount.
See detailed article on USCCA Membership Costs.
What is a USCCA Gold Membership?
The Gold Membership is the entry membership at the USCCA. The 3 levels of Membership are Gold, Platinum and Elite.
USCCA stands for “United States Concealed Carry Association”. It was founded back in 2003 by Tim Schmidt. Their mission is to educate, train and provide legal protection for Americans that choose to protect themselves and their families with firearms. Concealed carry and home defense are the focus of the USCCA. Training and educating responsible gun owners is the primary focus of the USCCA.
Who would benefit from a USCCA Gold Membership?
The Gold Membership is for anyone interested in learning to use a firearm as a tool for self and home defense. It is also a good choice for someone that desires the peace of mind of having a considerable self-defense liability insurance policy protecting you. Maybe you are already well-trained and don’t need so much of the education and training provided with the higher levels of USCCA Membership.
If you are new to firearms and concealed carry, or if you have decided that a gun is something you want in your home for protection, the USCCA will provide you with the “3 Irreplaceable Pillars” of membership;
- Self defense Education
- Self Defense Training
- Self defense Liability Insurance*
As far as Legal Protection and Self-Defense Liability Insurance, all members are covered with the same policy whether you are a Gold, Platinum or Elite Member. The details of the policy can be found below.
You are protected by a “Bullet Proof 365 day Guarantee”. You can cancel at any time if you decide this is not for you.
USCCA vs. Firearms Legal Protection
FLP (Firearms Legal Protection) is a less expensive alternative to the USCCA Membership. FLP does not provide the level of training that is found in a USCCA membership, rather they provide UNCAPPED legal defense insurance starting at $9.95 per month to fight for your freedom after a self defense event using a firearm.
The rates are considerably less than USCCA as their primary focus is on providing legal services. Check them out at this link and you will receive a discounted rate: Firearms Legal Protection.
USCCA Gold Membership Benefits
Recently upgraded Benefits
The USCCA just upgraded their membership benefits on October 15, 2020, and this article contains all up-to-date information on the pricing of the membership, the cost of a spouse membership and military discount.
I will also explain the new USCCA Protector Academy and what you will learn as you step through this new learning experience.
I am a current Platinum member and have reviewed all the educational and training material. I will explain some of the things you will learn as you become a confident and knowledgeable protector of your family and yourself.
Gold Membership offers benefits include the following categories:
- Educational resources
- Training videos
- Legal protection through self-defense liability insurance
- Subscription to Concealed Carry Magazine (Print and digital)
- USCCA community forum and much more.
If you would like to see a comparison of all the benefits between the Gold, Platinum, and Elite Memberships, please click the link below.
Details of many of the benefits are described in detail in this article.
Legal Protection and Self Defense Insurance
*All civil and criminal benefits are subject to the terms and conditions in the member agreement.
The Gold level membership includes:
- $2,000,000 in Self defense Liability Insurance for claims expenses and damages.*
- $250,000 in Self defense Liability Insurance for defense expenses.*
- $750 per day reimbursement for days missed at work (loss of earnings) in order to attend trial or meet with lawyers.
- $50,000 Bail bond funding.
- $6,000 for incidental expenses.
See the Membership Page for more details and the Terms and Conditions of these benefits.
If the USCCA is a bit too pricey for you, and you are mostly looking for the Legal Protection, here is a company worth looking into. Firearms Legal Protection Plans start at $14.95 per month (readers of my blog get special rates starting at $9.95/mo. Just use the link below)
FLP is highly regarded and recommended by some of the top names in the self defense firearms industry. At least check them out before you make a decision.
Educational Benefits and Resources
Let’s talk about the training and education you have access to with your Gold USCCA Membership.
In order to be confident and competent with your ability to use a firearm to defend yourself, there is a lot you need to know, and some things you will need to do.
Here are a few:
- Learn situational awareness to keep yourself out of trouble.
- Train to become proficient in the handling of your gun.
- Have the appropriate permits to carry concealed in your state (every state is different).
- Know the gun laws in your area.
- Know under what circumstances you are legally allowed to show and/or use your firearm.
- Know what to do immediately after a self defense encounter and who to call first.
- Have the right holster and other essential gear for your gun and your style of concealed carry.
The resources available to you as soon as you activate your membership will help you learn some of these things and provide resources to help keep you up-to-date. Below I list the different resources and give some detail as to what you will learn. First, I am going to talk about the award winning publication, Concealed Carry Magazine.
Concealed Carry Magazine
You will get the print AND digital versions of CCM magazine. It comes to your mailbox 8 times per year, but you will have access to the current issue instantly. Gold Members also have online access to 1 year of back issues! There is a considerable amount of great articles, reviews and training tips for you to read!
This magazine has won several prestigious awards and when you receive your first copy, you will understand why! this is truly a first class magazine from the amazing number of interesting and eye-opening articles down to the high quality glossy paper used to produce it.
I just received the latest issue and keep picking it up to read the next article. I prefer a real magazine to a digital version, but that’s just me. I am always amazed how much information I do not know about the concealed carry and home defense topic. This issue has a considerable women’s section as well. I don’t know if that will be an ongoing feature, but I hope it is.
Here are just a few of the articles in the latest issue;
- Modifications for your home defense gun: Should I have a gun-mounted light? Laser? Night sights?
- Gun Belts: The new breed of “Ratcheting” Gun Belts.
- Trigger warning: how to train to make that split-second decision whether to shoot or not.
- The Gas Tank: What kind of magazines should I use with my gun?
- Target Acquired: Advantages of a laser or reflex sight.
- Numbers Game: Using buckshot for home defense.
In the women’s section (not all of it is just for women!):
- Dressing the Part: Concealed carry and shooting while dressed up.
- Skill Check: Lessons from competitive shooting.
- Common Carry Mistakes: how to avoid them.
- Sliding Security: 3 solutions to harden your patio doors
Again, these are just a few of the excellent articles in this issue. You will not be disappointed with this top-notch magazine.
Update 11/24/20: I just received the November/December Issue in the mail today. Here are some of the highlights from the very latest Issue of Concealed Carry Magazine:
Dubbed “The High End Issue”, the magazine explores some of the higher quality firearms and gear, stressing that although quality can be found in equipment at all price ranges, sometime spending a little more money can get you some super reliable, dependable gear. you definitely want tools you can count on when it comes to protecting yourself and your family.
Here are some articles:
- Classic vs. Modern: A comparison of the Colt Python revolver, original and New .357
- Power & Elegance: A review of some finely tailored 1911s in .38 Super
- Flag code: The dangers of “Red Flag” Laws
Bling, Bang or Both? Choosing your Guns and gear…and Much, Much more!
USCCA Protector Academy
BRAND NEW TRAINING: Starting October 15, 2020, USCCA gold membership includes the Protector Academy Level 1 Online Training and Qualification.
This new training is designed to give you a huge jump start into the world of concealed carry and the defensive use of firearms through an online, easy-to-use training management system. This is completed by you in your own home and at your own pace.
Here are the 3 levels of the Protector Academy. Gold Members have access to Level 1 only:
- Level 1. Starts you off with a course on handgun safety and marksmanship basics then moves on to a segment on children’s firearms safety and the fundamentals around keeping guns safe from the kids.
- Level 2. Available to Platinum and Elite Members, this qualification module goes into the basics and fundamentals of concealed carry and home defense and continues to go over emergency first aid.
- Level 3. Only available to Elite Members and takes your training to a higher level to give you confidence in your gun handling skills.
The Level 1 training for Gold Members includes:
Situational Awareness (5 Lessons)
- The 6 elements of Situational awareness and how to use these proven methods in your everyday life to avoid danger and prevent attacks.
- How to choose the right gun, holster and ammunition for you and your circumstances.
- How to choose your carry gun. FAQ on this important topic.
- Controlling your body: The Physiology of a Real Fight.
- Surviving the Legal Aftermath: Attorneys, Police, the Legal system and Yor Rights.
When to Use Deadly Force (9 Lessons)
- Intro to Deadly force: Beyond the Firearm.
- Road Rage Scenario Test: Real Gun Owners Respond.
- Restaurant Robbery: Real Gun Owners Respond.
- FAQ Part 1: Real Gun Owners Respond.
- True Stories: Confidence Comes From Clarity.
- Grocery Store Robbery: Nazir’s True Story.
- Beer Hall Shooting: Andy’s True Story.
- FAQ Part 2: Real Gun Owners Respond.
- Concealed Carry & Home Defense Fundamentals Course: Further Training Essentials.
To finish up the level 1,2 and 3 there are optional live firing range training requirements that need to be taken at one of the USCCA partner ranges and there is an extra charge for that. This part is optional, but will complete your qualification of that particular level and really help you to become the best you can be!
Guides & Checklists
You membership gives you access to over 25 checklists and guides downloadable from your personal dashboard. I have listed some, but not all the resources you will get below.
Complete Firearms and Family Defense Guide
This guide is jam-packed with essential information. I consider this one of the most valuable publications in this list. This guide contains chapters on topics such as:
- 23 Proven Strategies: How to do “Concealed Carry” the Right Way.
- Why “Stand Your Ground” Matters.
- What Gives You the Right to Use Deadly Force?
- 6 Things You Didn’t Know Will Happen When the Police Arrive.
- Situational Awareness.
- School shootings: What Have We Learned?
- A lot more
Here is a list of some of the other guides and checklists you will be able to download from your dashboard:
- 7 Rules for the Justified Use of Force: Critical knowledge to keep yourself on the right side of the law.
- Home Security Checklist: Simple steps to help secure your home.
- Gun Guide: How to select the best gun, holster and ammo for you.
- Holster Guide: Details on holster construction and design so you know what to look for.
- How to Choose Your Best Gun: Details on 15 great carry guns for you to consider.
- How to Choose Your Best Gun for Women: Details on 15 guns recommended BY women for women.
- Training Checklist: Simple list of things you need when going to the range for practice.
- Gun Cleaning Checklist: Everything you need to know to clean your firearm on one page.
- ..and many, many more
**Most of the videos that were in this section have been moved into the new Protector Academy section of your dashboard.
Situational Awareness Video
You will find this video inside the new Protector Academy series of instructional videos. This is found on your Dashboard under Education and Training.
This is an extremely well done instructional video featuring Kevin Michalowski and the USCCA founder Tim Schmidt. The two of them go over the 6 elements of awareness that you should learn to help keep you safe in your day-to-day life. I will not give them all away here, but these elements are things such as:
- Don’t go anywhere without your gun.
- Notice who notices you.
- Know where the exits are located.
- Don’t take shortcuts
Another important topic in this video includes the color codes of mental awareness. You will learn about these colors and what they mean. While most people spend most of their time in condition white, as a concealed carrier and protector, you will spend most of your time in condition yellow and occasionally move into condition orange if the circumstances are warranted.
You will learn details such as where is the best place to sit when you go to a restaurant and why. If you decide to become a USCCA Member at the Platinum or Elite level, you will find this video is now 5 videos, or lessons that will help keep you out of danger.
Staying away from potential threats, and learning to recognize a problem before it is too late are essential skills that will enable you to keep yourself and your family safe at home as well as away from home!
Opportunity to Become a USCCA Certified Firearms Trainer
If you think you would enjoy teaching others about concealed carry, handgun safety, defensive shooting and home defense, go to your dashboard and click the “Become a USCCA Instructor” link. you will then see the steps to become a Certified firearms trainer.
You can register online and reserve your eLearning Training and Instructor Toolkit. Once you complete the eLearning, you will take an in-person Certification Class with a USCCA Training counselor.
Once you successfully complete all the requirements, you will receive your credentials in the mail and you will be ready to host your own classes!
USCCA Community and Connections
There is a very active online community that you will want to join when you become a member at any level. It is basically a huge chat room where you can get answers to any question related to concealed carry home defense, guns, holsters, gun maintenance, etc.
Everyone in the community is a USCCA member and there are instructors that often monitor the chat so they can chime in with advice and professional opinions. The community is accessed directly from your member dashboard.
There is an active Moderator to help make sure the information that is shared is accurate and that the conversations remain civil and polite.
I participate several times every week to help answer questions, add my opinion on various topics, always learn something new and to connect with some other people that share my security concerns and values.
USCCA Concealed Carry Expo
The next Expo is coming in the spring of 2021. Scheduled for April 16 – 18, 2021 in Nashville, TN. As a member you will enjoy free daily entry to the event!
Exclusive Member discounts with Popular Companies
USCCA has partnered with the following industry leading companies to provide members with discounts up to 30%
- Sig Sauer
- Optics Planet
- Nine Line
- Laser Ammo
- Black Beard Belts
- Talon Grips
- Challenge Targets
- Gun guides
- Honor Defense
- Refactor Tactical
- Yellow Jacket
- High Noon Holsters
- Last Firearms
- The GunBox
- Crossbreed Holsters
- Otis Gun Cleaning
- and others
USCCA Gold Membership Wrap-Up
As you can see, there are plenty of valuable benefits available to you as a USCCA Member at the Gold Membership Level. Not only will you have access to the best training resources available anywhere, but you will be covered for any legal expenses or damages if you need to use your firearm to defend yourself or your family! You can upgrade your membership at any time to gain instant access to even more resources!
If you have questions or would like to leave a comment or suggestion, please use the comment section below. All questions will be answered quickly!
*The USCCA is not an insurance company. A policy has been issued to the USCCA by Universal Fire and Casualty Insurance Company. That policy provides the association and its members with self-defense liability insurance, subject to its terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions.
**Disclosure statement: Kydexowbholsters.com may receive commissions from purchases made through links on this page. We only recommend products and services that we use and pay for out of our own pockets. We have recently joined USCCA as Platinum Members and highly recommend considering a membership to complete your concealed carry and home defense.